Sunday, December 18, 2011

No Break, No Snow, Yes Tanner!

The majority of the students at Zionsville High School are pretty distraught about the fact that our Christmas Break starts 3 days before Christmas...we have school through the 22nd.  In the words of my friend: "When am I supposed to get ready for Christmas?  When am I supposed to get my presents bought and ready?? Christmas Eve, that's when!"  I'll admit, it can't quite feel like the holiday season till I'm done taking final exams, so I'll savor the little bit I have.  It also cannot feel like Christmastime at all until we have snow...which we usually do by this time of year :(  So a week until Christmas, and it doesn't feel especially like this special time of year.  But they say Christmas happens in your heart, so I'm working on it.
Latest excitement in our house: Tanner came in last night!  We had to hold Grant back in the airport so he didn't go past the "Do Not Enter" sign to meet him.  It was so sweet to see the excitement we all had to have Tanner home; he has certainly been missed!  (Neil and Grant think that just because I don't express it the same way as they do that I didn't miss him.)  So we were all up till one in the morning eating and laughing hysterically.
6 days and 6 finals to make it through till my favorite day of the year!
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment