Monday, October 31, 2011

A Word About Halloween

I am slow/seldom to pick favorites/absolutes of anything, but I can tell you for 100% certain that Halloween is my least favorite holiday.  I know that it's some people's favorite and some people get all festive about it...but even when I was little I never loved Halloween.  It's just not fun to me; I never liked dressing up because I never felt creative enough and I'm not one for scary things at all.  My dad loves to watch scary movies and take walks through the woods at night...I suppose everyone gets their thrill differently; I prefer roller coasters and eating spicy food.  Anyway, Halloween also has no purpose behind it.  You can argue that it does because at one point it did, but we put no purpose into it.  I did not appreciate that the guy who sits behind me in band class dressed up like a horrifying joker/skeleton thing today either.  If it's a holiday that doesn't get us out of school, what's the point?  But hey, I guess if it gets me no German homework, I can't complain too much :)  So for those who like Halloween, Happy Halloween!  For those who are like me, only 2 months till Christmas!!!
Olivia

1 comment: