Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Little Reminiscing

Today I had a reunion with my very best friends from the Hill Cumorah Pageant and it was fantastic! So I had my moment reflecting on pageant and it's fun fun memories, and how it affected me.  No where else do you hear "Reverently and quietly get in your final death positions!" or "Look, it's Moroni."  The other day I was having a conversation with my cousin about Christ's visit to the people in America, and realized that a lot of my ideas about that event are based on the pageant.  I continue to love quoting lines from it over and over in my head and especially with my brothers.  I so hope that we can go back next year.
I also have recently figured out that my very worst favorite part about having brothers is how often I feel like I'm talking to a wall.  They don't like to respond to my beggings and pleadings, and probably don't usually have the maturity (or just the female mind) to understand the reasoning behind them.
But despite that, huge congratulations to Neil, who finished the Old Testament yesterday!  He has a goal to read the whole Bible before he turns 12 and gets the Priesthood, just like he read the whole Book of Mormon before he turned 8 and was baptized, and I'd say it's for sure an honorable goal.  He made it through Isaiah and Ezekiel, so the easy part is yet to come.  Amazing work, bud!
Everybody keep on keepin on!  
Olivia :)

1 comment:

  1. Pageant is surely a unique experience. It is one that will live on long after the experience is gone. I have enjoyed my time on stage and enjoying the spirit of the Hill.

    ReplyDelete