Monday, March 28, 2011

Don't count on the weather

We drove over 15 hours to get to the Outer Banks in North Carolina and got a condo dead on the beach for our Spring Break, and we get here and it's 43 degrees and completely cloudy.  Oh well, that just means that instead of a week of sand dunes, bike riding, laying in the sun, and flip-flops, it'll be a week of movies, the indoor pool, reading, eating tons of junk food (would've done that anyway :), and socks & sweatshirts.  But really, I'm not complaining.  In Indiana, they're getting snow.  So I'm just glad to have a break to spend with my family, away from all the difficulties of regular life.  Only thing I'm really worried about is how much weight I'm going to gain on this trip...we went to the store today and bought (among other things): ramen, popcorn, soda, oreos, chips, donuts, bacon, and fruit snacks.  It's a good thing that you have to climb 46 stairs every time you want to get up to our penthouse condo!  Also, when I get home, I'm going on a no sugar diet, and anyone reading this better hold me to that. 
If you want my opinion (which you probably do, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this), the Beatles were pretty much awesome, just saying.  I know they were on drugs and stuff, but they were so good at writing good songs.  Thanks guys :)
Last thing: you should tell the people you love that you love them, sincerely and often.  They say to live like you are going to die tomorrow. I used to not be able to understand that at all, but this is part of it.  I know I want to hear it from the people that love me.  They can tell me a hundred thousand times and it will never get old.  I only hope that the people I love know it, and believe it. 
Olivia :)

2 comments: