Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oh, vacation!

We left our house this morning at 8:15, only 15 after our estimated time of departure!  My family has never actually left when we wanted to, and it can be as much as 2 hours late, so this was success!  It's been a great drive so far.  I've slept for like 3 hours already today- we'll see if I can fall asleep tonight.  When I woke up from my afternoon nap, Neil had shed all of his clothing, except for his bright red boxers.  It's a blessing when both he and Grant manage to have all of their clothing on at the same time! 
About halfway through our day, we stopped at the original Bob Evans in the middle of nowhere land Ohio.  If you have never been there and ordered this wonderful thing called the Cinnamon Cream Pancakes, you might wanna do that before you die.  It's two giant pancakes with bits of cinnamon-sugar IN them, super sweet vanilla pudding cream stuff BETWEEN them, syrup COVERING them, and cinnamon icing AND whipped cream ON TOP of them.  You can feel yourself gaining weight, but they are pretty wonderful.
I also have to add my two cents on something else: cows grazing on a distant, grassy hillside under a mostly cloudy sky is about the most picturesque scene ever.  I got to look out the window as we drove through Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, and North Carolina and to sum it up: nature is gorgeous and can leave you speechless sometimes.  You have to open your eyes.  You can't ever blame anyone else that you haven't ever seen anything amazing because it's out there- everywhere.
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment